We’re working on a new book about utilizing the trend-following strategy with exchange traded funds (ETFs), and we need the assistance of you, the devoted ETF Trends readers. We’ll be approaching you over the next couple of weeks to hear about your experiences relating to specific topics.
For this round, we’d like to know about your experiences in past bear markets. Some things we’d like to hear about from you include:
- What has been your strategy in past bear markets? How did it work for you?
- During the bull years, did you make money and keep it? How did you do it?
- Were you invested in other countries during their boom and busts? (Emerging markets, Japan, etc.) What happened to your investments?
- In the commodities rush of 2008, did you buy gold or oil? Do you still own either of them, and do you have a sell point?
- Were you able to foresee the crumbling of the real estate market? What were your clues? What, if anything, did you do?
If you have any thoughts to share regarding bear markets, bursting bubbles and similar matters, please leave your thoughts in the comments or shoot us an email.
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.