Direxion Shares exchange traded funds (ETFs) are a new tool offering forward thinking investors innovative options and market exposure, and they’ve just expanded their family a little more.
The first-of-its-kind ETF provider has added six more funds to its family, and they now offer a total of 14 triple leveraged ETFs. The new offerings focus on developed markets, emerging markets and the technology sector.
The new funds are:
- Developed Markets Bull 3x Shares (DZK)
- Developed Markets Bear 3x Shares (DPK)
- Emerging Markets Bull 3X Shares (EDC)
- Emerging Markets Bear 3x Shares (EDZ)
- Technology Bull 3x Shares (TYH)
- Technology Bear 3x Shares (TYP)
These ETFs enable an investor to navigate through the market with bull and bear fund flexibility, and effectively allocate capital to seek improved risk adjusted returns, advertises Direxion Shares. In layman’s terms, they are designed to seek 300% of the daily performance, or 300% of the inverse of the daily performance of the four indexes that they track, and are intended to be used as a supplement in a portfolio.
The Direxion funds have been seen tremendous success, being utilized by hedge fund managers, institutional investors, and other active investors, who have pushed the 3x funds over $800 million in assets. Additionally, Direxion plans to continue their ongoing liquidation of seven of their traditional funds to focus on more international fund offerings, states in an interview between Eric Rosenbaum of Index Universe and Andy O’Rourke of Direxion Funds.
In addition to the new launches, the company also has filed for bull/bear India and China ETFs.
The other eight funds currently being offered are:
- Direxion Large Cap Bull 3X Shares (BGU)
- Direxion Small Cap Bull 3x Shares (TNA)
- Direxion Energy Bull 3x Shares (ERX)
- Direxion Financial Bull 3x Shares (FAS)
- Direxion Large Cap Bear 3x Shares (BGZ)
- Direxion Small Cap Bear 3x Shares (TZA)
- Direxion Energy Bear 3x Shares (ERY)
- Direxion Financial Bear 3x Shares (FAZ)
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.