Perhaps an exchange traded fund (ETF) will emerge soon to track the newest entries into Standard & Poor’s stable of dividend-seeking indexes.
The indexes cover areas such as Asia, Australia, Europe, Japan and other emerging markets.
Index Universe reports that outside of Europe, S&P has never had a dividend-specific index for the other regions and countries covered in the new index launches.
During times of unrest and risk-aversion, dividends offer a greater cushion against declining equity prices.
The new series includes:
Dividend Investor Series
- S&P Dividend Aristocrats—focuses on long-term dividend growth
- S&P Dividend Opportunities—focuses on absolute high dividend yield
- S&P Dividend Alternatives—focuses on higher income, or dividend stories with lower correlation to traditional equities
New Indexes are:
- S&P Asia Dividend Aristocrats
- S&P Asia Dividend Opportunities
- S&P Australia Dividend Opportunities
- S&P Emerging Market Dividend Opportunities
- S&P Europe Dividend Opportunities
- S&P Japan Dividend Opportunities
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.