After a big day for the markets, you can’t help but wonder which exchange traded funds (ETFs) stood out head and shoulders above the rest.
If you scroll through ETF Screen’s breakdown of fund performance, you’ll see that most ETFs ended higher in trading today.
Coming out way ahead are:
- ProShares Ultra Short Financials (UYG), up 14.4%
- ProShares Ultra Real Estate (URE), up 12.6%
- ProShares Ultra Basic Materials (UYM), up 11.6%
- iShares FTSE NAREIT Mortgage REITs Index Fund (REM), up 10.7%
- Claymore/AlphaShares China Real Estate (TAO), up 10.3%
- iPath MSCI India ETN (INP), up 10.2%
- iShares FTSE-Xinhua China 25 Fund (FXI), up 9.6%
The Ultras didn’t do anything special to come out on top today, but instead, they benefited from the big jump financial ETFs experienced today. They illustrate the potential to do that much better when the market is faring well – and today, they did.
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Mr. Lydon serves as an independent trustee of certain mutual funds and ETFs that are managed by Guggenheim Investments; however, any opinions or forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Mr. Lydon and not those of Guggenheim Funds, Guggenheim Investments, Guggenheim Specialized Products, LLC or any of their affiliates. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.