The list of choices within the municipal bond exchange traded funds (ETFs) continues to grow.
The fund is designed to offer investors exposure to investment-grade municipal bonds with a nominal maturity of 1-6 years. The expense ratio is 0.16%, and it will track the price and yield performance of the Lehman Brothers AMT-Free Short Continuous Municipal Index.
The growing family of options in municipal bond ETFs include:
- PowerShares Insured National Muni Bond (PZA)
- Market Vectors Lehman AMT-Free Int Muni (ITM)
- iShares S&P National Municipal Bond (MUB)
- SPDR Lehman Municipal Bond (TFI)
- PowerShares VRDO Tax-Free Weekly (PVI)
- SPDR Lehman Short Term Municipal Bond (SHM)
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.