ETF Trends: Informative, Insightful, Intelligent – In Time
The exponential proliferation of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) provides a wealth of opportunities for investors who understand their potential. They cover an enormous range of specific investing possibilities that carry diversified risk.
So many choices can help you create a portfolio that is tax efficient, low cost and easy to implement. But, so many choices also can create tremendous confusion for investors who know that ETFs are the new frontier for investing, but don’t know where to start, what to buy, and when to sell.
ETF Trends was born out of the abundant research performed by asset managers at Global Trends Investments. As professional money managers, we rely on ETFs to earn risk-appropriate returns for our clients. We know our research and findings can be of great benefit to both seasoned investors as well as those new to ETFs or investing.
With decades of experience in the financial services industry, we maintain ETF Trends to identify the advent and evolution of ETFs and their ability to serve as primary investing tools for individuals. ETF investing empowers investors to capture sectors, asset classes, and global regions to capitalize on the efficient marketplace while diversifying for risk.
ETF Trends’ news stories focus intently on educating investors regarding specific offerings, current market trends, sectors, economies, and sentiment about every ETF market we track for our clients. We hope you find this information insightful, intelligent and in time to help you make the most of ETF investing and ETF Trends.
Tom Lydon: President, Global Trends Investments & ETF Trends
Tom Lydon is president of Global Trends Investments, editor and proprietor of ETFtrends.com. With more than 20 years experience in asset management, Mr. Lydon began his career with Fidelity Investments Institutional Division prior to launching Global Trends Investments and ETF Trends. Mr. Lydon is a contributor to major print, radio and television media including, Investor’s Business Daily, Barron’s and Bottom Line Personal. His popular seminar, “How to Manage a Million Dollar Portfolio” has been attended by thousands of investors around the country.
Mr. Lydon’s extensive professional and vocational affiliations include:
- Board of Directors for U.S. Global Investors, Inc. (GROW), a publicly traded San Antonio, TX investment advisory firm managing a diverse family of no-load mutual funds
- Board of Directors for Rydex Funds, a Rockville, MD mutual fund company
- Advisory Board for Tiburon Strategic Advisors, a national consulting firm to financial institutions
- Founding member of The Skip Viragh Award, presented annually to a company or individual who offers a new and innovative service, benefit or product that positively impacts the financial advisor community and its clients
- Orange County Register Finance and Economic Panel
- Chairman of the Board for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Orange County and the Inland Empire (2003 – 2005)
- Founding member of Charles Schwab’s Institutional Advisory Board
- Chair of the Finance Council at Sts. Simon and Jude Church, Huntington Beach, CA
- Mr. Lydon holds a BS in Management from Babson College in Wellesley, MA.
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Mr. Lydon serves as an independent trustee of certain mutual funds and ETFs that are managed by Guggenheim Investments; however, any opinions or forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Mr. Lydon and not those of Guggenheim Funds, Guggenheim Investments, Guggenheim Specialized Products, LLC or any of their affiliates. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.