Last year was not an easy year to catch and keep gains and Jim Lowell for Forbes has some ETFs on his list to watch for 2008, and some of these are repeats from last year:
- iShares Dow Jones Total Market (IYY): A widely diversified fund that holds thousands of stocks.
- iShares Comex Gold Trust (IAU): Up 10.8% so far this year.
- iShares TIPs Bond (TIP): Treasury bonds that have cost-of-living adjustments in coupons and principal.
- iShares Global Health Care (IXJ): Health care remains sturdy when other sectors soften.
- PowerShares Dynamic Food and Beverage (PBJ): Very basic, everyone needs to eat.
- iShares NYSE Composite Index (NYC): Mimics the NY Stock Exchange Composite Index of 2,300 names.
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.