Recently, I spoke with Rebecca Jarvis for CNBC about using exchange traded funds (ETFs) to short the market. We’re in a time when many people are shorting the market, and one way to do that is through ultrashort ETFs. ProShares has a collection of ultrashort ETFs worth examining. Some of them include:
- UltraShort Dow 30 ProShares (DXD)
- UltraShort QQQ ProShares (QID)
- UltraShort S&P 500 ProShares (SDS)
- UltraShort Russell 2000 ProShares (TWM)
- UltraShort Financials ProShares (SKF)
- ProShares UltraShort Basic Materials ProShares (SMN)
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.