Consider the BLDRS Emerging Markets 50 ADR Index (ADRE); it has little of everything. Another bonus is that it’s up 26.9% year-to-date. ADRE’s top 10 holdings are from some of the best-performing emerging markets.
- America Mobile (AMX) – makes up 5.7% of ADRE; Mexico
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM) – makes up 5.3%; Taiwan
- China Mobile (CHL) – makes up 4.8%; China
- Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR) – makes up 4.4%; Brazil
- Posco (PKX) – makes up 4.2%; South Korea
- Companhia Vale Do Rio Doce – makes up 4.2%; Brazil
- Kookmin Bank (KB) – makes up 3.8%; South Korea
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries (TEVA) – makes up 3.8%; Israel
- Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR) – makes up 3.6%; Brazil
- Infosys Technologies (INFY) – makes up 3.5%; India
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.