Thank you to all who participated in our recent survey! This survey gave us a great idea of who you are and what tools and information you would like to see on ETF Trends. Because we learned so much, we thought we would share the results, as well as some of the suggestions and ideas for the website:
- 68% of readers find ETF Trends offers "just enough" daily news and information; 29% say it’s "not enough"
- 53% responded "yes" when asked if you would like to receive the newsletter daily
- 89% are individual investors, and 81% manage their own portfolio
- With 52% retirees reading ETF Trends, we realize we need to provide more retirement investing news and analysis.
Some of the most popular individual suggestions included:
- Detailed performance reporting on a daily basis
- Information on closed end funds (CEFs) and ETFs traded outside the United States
- ETF-model portfolios with specific buy and sell recommendations
- More in-depth analysis of ETFs and their underlying holdings
- Charting tools
We are excited to begin planning for some of your suggestions. Since the number of daily posts has doubled in the past month, we will begin sending the weekly newsletter on a business-daily basis. This will provide you with the top stories over the last 24 hours in a timely manner.
If you still would like to complete the survey, find the email we sent last week. It takes about two minutes to complete. If you can’t find it or would like to give us some general comments/feedback, please leave us a comment below.
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.