State Street Global Advisors (SSgA) launched six new SPDRS emerging market exchange traded funds (ETFs) today. The press release states the six ETFs are based on the S&P/Citibank Global Equity Indices. The SPDR funds will provide special exposure to markets around the globe, including new areas like the Middle East. It’s nice to see some other global regions get ETF representation. The new ETFs are:
- SPDR S&P Emerging Markets (GMM)
- SPDR S&P Emerging Latin America (GML)
- SPDR S&P Emerging Middle East and Africa (GAF)
- SPDR S&P Emerging Europe (GUR)
- SPDR S&P Emerging Asia Pacific (GMF)
- SPDR S&P China ETF (GXC)
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.