Jim Wiandt of Index Universe came up with new year’s resolutions for the Index Industry, in his amazement for how quickly the exchange traded fund (ETF) world has come into its own. His article in Seeking Alpha shares this "gentle guidance":
- 10.I will forsake obfuscation in the service of clarity.
- 9. I will at last stop slicing and dicing to create new "asset classes".
- 8. I will not duplicate the failures of active management.
- 7. I will keep costs down.
- 6. I shall not fear diminishing margins.
- 5. I will put my investors first.
- 4. I will not innovate for the sake of innovation.
- 3. I will educate my investors.
- 2. I will emphasize substance before style.
- 1. I will not forget my roots.
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.