Chuck Jaffe is one of the most humorous financial writers around, and he’s a huge fan of exchange traded funds (ETFs). This is Chuck’s 11th year giving out the Lump Of Coal Awards which go to managers, executives, firms, watchdogs and others who deserve nothing more than a lump of coal in their stockings. As published in The Arizona Daily Star, the distinctions have been earned as a result of action, attitude, performance or behavior that is deserving. The awards go to:
- The SEC for being 3 years into the trading scandals of 2003 and still no resolution.
- ProFunds for creating ETFs investors should ignore.
- Jack Bogle for continuing to rail against ETFs.
- Directors for the 27 mutual fund companies working with Bisys Fund Services.
- Carole S. Kinney for usurping her father to earn her title as the worst fund manager in history.
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.