Exchange traded fund (ETF) offerings in the alternative energy, environmental services, clean air/water sector are abundant. The volatility of these specialized ETFs may mellow with more and more coming onto the market, PowerShares has three "green" ETFs and Market Vectors, Claymore and First Trust Advisors have also added to the market.
- PowerShares Wilderhill Clean Energy (PBW)
- PowerShares Cleantech Portfolio (PZD)
- PowerShares Progressive Energy Portfolio (PUW)
- Market Vectors Environmental Services (EVX)
- Claymore LGA Green – in registration
- First Trust Advisors Clean Edge US Liquid Series – coming in January 2007
Very quickly it seems the alternative energy ETF market is becoming like the traditional energy ETF market, according to Richard Kang of Seeking Alpha.
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Mr. Lydon serves as an independent trustee of certain mutual funds and ETFs that are managed by Guggenheim Investments; however, any opinions or forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Mr. Lydon and not those of Guggenheim Funds, Guggenheim Investments, Guggenheim Specialized Products, LLC or any of their affiliates. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.