Exchange traded funds are a cheap and easy way to help investors access targeted markets around the globe through country- and region-specific strategies.
“We looked at the world as a whole and we thought to ourselves, ‘There’s a huge opportunity set for us to come in, get exposures across a whole bunch of different countries and do it at a price point that we think has really been done in the U.S. but hasn’t been done been done a lot in these country and regional funds,'” Pierre Caramazza, Head of Financial Institutions Group U.S., Head of ETF Distribution, Franklin Templeton, said at the Morningstar Investment Conference.
Franklin Templeton offers a number of country- and region-specific ETFs, including:
- Franklin FTSE Australia ETF (NYSEArca: FLAU)
- Franklin FTSE Canada ETF (NYSEArca: FLCA)
- Franklin FTSE Europe ETF (NYSEArca: FLEE)
- Franklin FTSE Europe Hedged ETF (NYSEArca: FLEH)
- Franklin FTSE France ETF (NYSEArca: FLFR)
- Franklin FTSE Germany ETF (NYSEArca: FLGR)
- Franklin FTSE Hong Kong ETF (NYSEArca: FLHK)
- Franklin FTSE Italy ETF (NYSEArca: FLIY)
- Franklin FTSE Japan ETF (NYSEArca: FLJP)
- Franklin FTSE Japan Hedged ETF (NYSEArca: FLJH)
- Franklin FTSE United Kingdom ETF (NYSEArca: FLGB)
- Franklin FTSE South Korea ETF (NYSEArca: FLKR)
- Franklin FTSE Brazil ETF (NYSEArca: FLBR)
- Franklin FTSE China ETF (NYSEArca: FLCH)
- Franklin FTSE Mexico ETF (NYSEArca: FLMX)
- Franklin FTSE Taiwan ETF (NYSEArca: FLTW)
- Franklin FTSE India ETF (NYSEArca: FLIN)
- Franklin FTSE Russia ETF (NYSEArca: FLRU)
- Franklin FTSE Switzerland ETF (NYSEArca: FLSW)
- Franklin FTSE Asia ex Japan ETF (NYSEArca: FLAX)
The ETFs each come with a low 0.09% to 0.19% expense ratio. These Franklin Templeton country-specific ETFs are among the cheapest options available for targeting their respective markets. The country- and region-specific ETFs are market cap-weighted and benchmarked to country and regional indices from FTSE Russell.
Watch the full interview between ETF Trends CEO Tom Lydon and Pierre Caramazza:
For more ETF-related commentary from Tom Lydon and other industry experts, visit our video category.