Winning at life has a lot less to do with luck than it has to do with dedicated effort.
If you want to step up to the winners’ podium, here are 20 pieces of helpful advice:
1. Don’t breeze past the details in deference to the big picture. You do so at your risk because they’ll matter in some part of the process.
2. Assume you’re being observed (because somebody is probably actually watching you). It will make you sit up straighter (power pose!), pay attention to your manners, and act more professional.
3. Learn from small successes the same way you do from big ones. Learning something new about your profession is never a waste. It’s a way of future-proofing your career!
4. Picking up new skills is vital, but proficiency requires practice. The practice part is where you need to focus.
5. When you screw up, speak up quickly and apologize. With sincerity.