Content marketing has emerged as the leading choice of both B2B and B2C marketers for attracting and retaining new customers. This marketing includes diverse elements like blogs, webinars, videos, social media, infographics, eBooks, podcasts, guides, and case studies. The heart of content marketing is quality, not quantity.
Reasons for Content Marketing
- Over 75 percent of website visitors feel that organizations who present quality content want to build good relationships with their customers.
- Three out of every five consumers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content on the business’ website.
- Blogs alone can increase the amount of indexed pages by over 434 percent and give 97 percent more indexed links, both which increase search engine rankings.
- Interesting content ranks in the top three reasons why people follow certain brands on social media.
- Word of mouth contributes to 50 percent or more of online purchases.
- Leads that come from organic searches average an almost 15 percent close rate while outbound marketing have one less than 2 percent.
All of those facts show the contribution that content marketing makes towards a company’s online success today.