The Latest News:
- Energy stocks are currently leading resource producers.
- The energy sector can continue to strengthen on expanding global economies, tighter supply, moderate increase in alternative energy and better company management, reports Howard Gold for MarketWatch.
- “Rising demand and depletion of low-cost supply have been pushing energy prices higher,” according to money manager Guinness Atkinson. “This should create a favorable environment for companies with resource reserves and for their service providers and distributors.”
- Gold miners are beginning to cut costs, with Goldcorp stating that all-in sustaing costs were $840 per ounce in the first quarter, down from $1,134 in the same quarter year-over-year, reports Peter Koven for Financial Post.
- “Goldcorp’s solid first quarter results underscore what we expect to be recurring themes in 2014: High quality production growth, excellent cost performance and strong progress toward completion of our three current growth projects,” chief executive Chuck Jeannes said.
FlexShares Morningstar Global Upstream Natural Resource Index Fund
For past stories in this series, visit our ETF Spotlight category.
Max Chen contributed to this article.