ETF Spotlight on the Guggenheim Raymond James SB-1 Equity ETF (NYSEArca: RYJ), part of an ongoing series.
Assets: $181.8 million.
Objective: The Guggenheim Raymond James SB-1 Equity Fund tries to reflect the performance of the Raymond James SB-1 Equity Index, which is comprised of equity securities rated “Strong Buy,” or SB-1, by Raymond James & Associates Inc.
Holdings: Top holdings include Arkansas Best Corp (NasdaqGS: ABFS) 1.0%, Advance Auto Parts (NYSE: AAP) 0.9%, Brightcove (NasdaqGS: BCOV) 0.9%, PrivateBancorp Inc (NasdaqGS: PVTB) 0.9% and Applied Micro Circuits Corp. (NasdaqGS: AMCC) 0.9%.
What You Should Know:
- Guggenheim Investments sponsors the fund.
- According to Raymond James & Associates, Strong Buy (SBI) is “expected to appreciate, produce a total return of at least 15%, and outperform the S&P 500 over the next six to 12 months. For higher yielding and more conservative equities, such as REITs and certain MLPs, a total return of at least 15% is expected to be realized over the next 12 months.”
- RYJ has a 0.75% expense ratio.
- The fund has 135 components and the top ten holdings make up 9.9% of the overall portfolio.
- Sector allocations include financials 31.5%, consumer discretionary 21.8%, information technology 16.4%, industrials 12.8%, health care 8.3%, energy 5.3%, telecom services 2.3%, materials 0.8% and consumer staples 0.7%.
- Market-capitalization allocations include mega-cap 8.8%, large-cap 14.5%, mid-cap 29.8%, small-cap 24.0% and micro-cap 22.9%.
- The ETF is up 2.5% over the past month, up 7.1% in the last three months and up 35.5% year-to-date.
- Over the past five-years, RYJ has generated an average annualized return of 23.0%, compared to the S&P 500’s annualized 15.7% gain.
- The fund is currently trading 11.9% above its 200-day exponential moving average.
Next page: The latest news