President of Global Trends Investments
Tom Lydon is president of Global Trends Investments, editor and proprietor of ETFtrends.com. With more than 25 years experience in asset management, Mr. Lydon began his career with Fidelity Investments Institutional Division prior to launching Global Trends Investments and ETF Trends.
Mr. Lydon is a frequent contributor to major print, radio and television media including Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, Investor’s Business Daily, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Investment News. His popular seminar, “How to Manage a Million Dollar Portfolio” has been attended by thousands of investors around the country.
As the author of iMoney and The ETF Trend Following Playbook, Mr. Lydon is a highly sought after speaker. His frequent appearances on CNBC and Fox Business make him one of the most recognized and well-respected commentators in the ETF industry. Mr. Lydon has been a high profile presenter at the largest industry trade shows and investment conferences, as well as a moderator of webinars.
Mr. Lydon is available for speaking engagements at conferences, meetings, and via webinars. Please click here to request more information about his speaking and public appearances.
Mr. Lydon’s extensive professional and vocational affiliations include:
- Board of Directors for U.S. Global Investors, Inc. (GROW), a publicly traded San Antonio, TX, investment advisory firm managing a diverse family of no-load mutual funds
- Board of Directors for Rydex|SGI, a Rockville, MD, mutual fund company
- Pacific Investment Management Co., LLC (PIMCO) Advisory Board
- Founding member of The Skip Viragh Award, presented annually to a company or individual who offers a new and innovative service, benefit or product that positively impacts the financial advisor community and its clients
- Orange County Register Finance and Economic Panel
- Chairman of the Board for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Orange County and the Inland Empire (2003 – 2005)
- Founding member of Charles Schwab’s Institutional Advisory Board
- Chair of the Finance Council at Sts. Simon and Jude Church, Huntington Beach, CA
- Mr. Lydon holds a BS in Management from Babson College in Wellesley, MA.