ETF Spotlight: PowerShares Dynamic Retail (PMR)
June 17th, 2011 at 2:11pm by Tom Lydon
ETF Spotlight on PowerShares Dynamic Retail (NYSEArca: PMR), part of a frequent series.
Assets: $13.1 million
Objective: The PowerShares Dynamic Retail tries to reflect the Dynamic Retail Intellidex Index, which evaluates companies based on fundamental growth, stock valuation, investment timelines and other risk factors, among others.
Holdings: Top holdings include: Walgreen Co. (NYSE: WAG) 5.36%, AutoZone Inc. (NYSE: AZO) 5.22%, Netflix Inc (NasdaqGS: NFLX) 5.21%, Wal-Mart Stores (NYSE: WMT) 5.12% and Costco Wholesale (NasdaqGS: COST) 5.12%.
What You Should Know
- PMR has an expense ratio of 0.63%.
- The fund has 30 holdings.
- Sector allocations include: Consumer Discretionary 53.13%, Consumer Staples 44.17% and Industrials 2.70%.
The Latest News
- Retail ETFs have gotten a boost this week from Kroger (NYSE: KR). The store operator reported strong quarterly earnings. [Kroger Lifts Retail ETFs.]
- The sector ETFs largely ignored a report that U.S. retail sales declined in May.
- Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) and JC Penney (NYSE: JPM) were also in the news this week. JC Penney shares soared Tuesday on word it hired a key Apple executive to take over the reins. [Retail ETFs Stoked]
For past stories in this series, visit our ETF Spotlight category.
PowerShares Dynamic Retail
Max Chen contributed to this article.
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.